Construction of New ICU and Surgical Bed Units
Department of Veterans Affairs
Lebanon VA Medical Center
Cost: $8 million
This project involves the construction of the remainder of the interstitial space on the second floor of Building 104, and the full third floor. The construction will allow a fourth and fifth floor to be added at a later date. This project included eight inpatient rooms, two isolation rooms, and support space.
The scope of the work included:
- Extensive construction coordination to be provided as the floor below is an active medical surgical unit
- Design of two new passenger elevators and two new service elevators.
- Design drawings that reflect proper work times coordinated with the hospital
- New HVAC units and controls designed to meet current ASHRAE standards throughout the area
- New nurse station and waiting area
- All new system controls that are compatible with existing controls while meeting the requirement for individual room controls
- Design work compliant with the space criteria referenced in PG-18-9 “Space Planning Criteria for VA Facilities”