Repair Renovate Chemical Storage IDIQ
Paradigm currently has a 5 year IDIQ with the Department of the Air Force at Tinker Air Force Base.
Paradigm created code compliant design and construction documents for the repair/ renovation of an existing facility, a portion of Building 9001, into a Chemical Storage Area. The scope included:
- Design of a (4) hour fire rated envelope to contain and isolate the new Chemical Storage facility from the surrounding factory occupancy. The applicable codes also require a (2) hour fire rated wall to isolate the Flammable materials from the Combustible Materials storage.
- Engineer/design superstructure and foundation to safely support a (4) hour fire rated ceiling cap over entire new Chemical Storage facility, that will isolate and protect the existing building roof.
- Provide structural analysis of existing support structures that may incur new imposed loads because of this project, and provide engineer/design modifications to the existing structures as required.
- Engineer/design a new (2) hour fire rated CMU wall and foundation to have (2) fire rated door penetrations, (1) 3’x.
- 7’ personnel door and (1) 8’x 14’ vehicle overhead coiling door.
- Provide roof patching, curbs, counter-flashing and other components as required for this repair and renovation project.
- Place new equipment curbs, platforms and catwalks at a height that will allow proper flashing and installation of future re-roof over a min. of 8” rigid insulation, per NRCA.
- Provide weather-tight flashing at all through exterior wall penetrations of piping and ductwork.