Renovate Endoscopy Suite
Client: VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
Paradigm provided complete design and construction period services for this Danville VAMC Endoscopy project. It involved the complete renovation of the fifth-floor west wing of Building 58, converting a former ICU suite into a new endoscopy suite. The project encompassed a total area of approximately 3,200 square feet located on the fifth floor, plus an area of the attic required for the new HVAC equipment.
The goal of the Danville VAMC Endoscopy Suite design was to provide an interior environment that fosters healing of both the patient’s mind and body. Design concepts were comprised of a few simple choices to provide a welcoming, calm setting. Materials that have natural origins or clear links to nature and the use of subtle patterns and colors supported this goal to reduce an institutional feeling in patient areas. Corner guards protected areas of expected impact to improve gypsum board service life.
The project scope included:
– Accessible entry to new suite and included spaces
– Providing new Endoscopy Department with:
- 3 procedure rooms
- New “clean” and “dirty” paths for patients and staff
- New support spaces: Soiled Holding and Sterile Supply
- Patient holding area
- Visitor toilet room
- Waiting room renovation
- New AHU at attic level dedicated to new suite
– Interior renovation of suite, including new flooring, wall finishes, ceiling systems, casework, doors and hardware
– MEP design includes a new dedicated HVAC system and all new electrical wiring and devicesTags: endoscopy, VA Danville Illinois, VA Illiana Health Care