Install Magnetoencephalography (MEG) Lab
Client: VA Medical Center, West Haven, Connecticut
Paradigm is providing complete design services for this West Haven VAMC MEG Lab project, a 1,100 SF partial renovation of the existing one-story addition to Building 1, “PET Scan Building,” for the installation of a new MEG Lab.
This project includes design for the following:
– Accessible entry to new suite
– New design for MEG Lab, including:
- Magnetically Shielded Room (MSR)
- Equipment Room
- Control (Office) Area
– Patient access and use of MEG Lab, including:
- Toilet/changing room
- Waiting/reception area
– Interior renovation of suite, including new flooring, wall finishes, ceiling systems, casework, doors, and hardware
– New dedicated HVAC system, all new electrical wiring and devices
Critical to the success of the project is placing the new MSR in an area free of extraneous magnetic influence. The MSR must also stand free of the existing building enclosure, decoupled from exterior walls.
Design concepts are comprised of a few simple choices, providing a welcoming, calm setting. Materials that have natural origins or clear links to nature and the use of subtle patterns and colors support this goal to reduce an institutional feeling in patient areas.Tags: MEG lab, MSR, West Haven VAMC